Warm colors diffuse (mostly horizontally) from left and right edges into a colder central space.
The diffusion of the colors is modelled similar to heat diffusion as a physical process. With static warm/cold points the picture would reach a static equilibrium - this is avoided by slow random movement of the warm/cold points.
Additionally, for experimentation warm and cold spots can be removed/added with the mouse. Ways to interact:
- mouse: toggle warm/cold points:
- any click on a warm/cold point will remove it
- left-click on an empty field creates warm point
- right-click on an empty field creates cold point
- keyboard 'd': show/hide the warm/cold points for debugging and analysis
- keyboard 'r': re-initialize with random values
- keyboard 'p': suspend diffusion and animation